||Durable Solutions Associate - two positions
The Durable Solutions Associate reports to the Senior Durable Solutions Associate, Associate Durable Solutions
Officer, Durable Solutions Officer or Protection Officer.
The Durable Solutions Associate is relied upon to contribute to the implementation of a durable solutions strategy.
She/He works closely with protection, programme and field staff. Contributing to fostering an environment to enhance
partnerships is a critical element of the work, as are activities designed to strength the involvement of refugee
communities and their hosts in the design and implementation of solutions strategies
- Available durable solutions are implemented, in a manner which benefits the maximum number of persons of
- Durable solutions strategies, policies and related Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are applied in a
consistent, effective and transparent manner.
- Provide counselling to refugees and other persons of concern to identify the most appropriate durable solution
and to enable them to make a well-informed decision.
- Interview candidates for voluntary repatriation and prepare documentation for their return, in line with
Voluntary repatriation SOPs.
- Interview and prepare Resettlement Referral Forms (RRF), in line with Resettlement SOPs.
- Interview candidates for local integration and prepare the appropriate documentation for onward submission to
local authorities or partners, in line with Local Integration SOPs.
- Assist in updating the electronic databases for resettlement, voluntary repatriation and local integration, in line
with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Process documentation to ensure that persons of concern receive the documents required for their durable
solutions in a timely manner.
- Prepare statistical and ad-hoc reports to ensure accurate information is available and shared with relevant
offices and partners.
- Interview and advise on the appropriate durable solution to be provided to persons of concern.
- Prepare documents relating to durable solutions.
- Enter information into available databases, in line with SOPs.
- Draft and submit reports relating to durable solutions.
|Minimum Qualification and Professional Experience Required
- Education: Completed Secondary Education in Humanities or equivalent, with Advanced training/certification in a related field.- Job experience: Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
- Diverse field experience.
- Completion of PLP, RSD-Resettlement Learning Programme, Protection Induction an asset.
- Excellent knowledge in MS word, Excel and database management.
- Experience in Interviewing.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
Please note that this is a local position for which having a valid working permit in Malta is required.
Salaries scales in Malta are available here: https://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/salaries/gs.htm
To apply, please download the Personal History Form (PHF) and Supplementary Sheet at http://malta.unhcr.io/land.php. Then signup or login and complete the online application form before the deadline.
Only the present PHF and Supplementary Sheet(s) if any, will be considered as valid application documents.
No CVs, old P.11 form or other UN agency application forms will be accepted.
PHFs must be signed for an application to be considered as valid.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the assessment.
No late applications will be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be assessed through a written test and an oral interview.
For application-related queries, please write to email@example.com
|Download:Job description/terms of reference